Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Barefoot baby sandals (crochet)


This new trend of barefoot baby summer time sandals is really starting to catch on with me. I have crocheted, and sold a few pair, and hope to sell a bunch more throughout the summer. They're super cute, and everyone seems to be loving them. All you do is chain about 7 or 8, depending on the size you want to make, and slip stitch together to make a circle. Then double crochet 3 times into the circle, and turn. Then continue making rows until it is the size you want it to be, adding a stitch each row so that it makes a triangle. Then you can either chain enough to make a tie, and then join yarn on the other side to make another tie, OR just chain 12-15 and join to make a loop to go around the baby's ankle. I prefer to make a slip on loop, I feel that they stay on better this way. We all know that babies will pull at the strings and untie them if there are strings to be pulled. Then just add a flower, a heart, butterfly, or some bows. Anything to doll them up. These are a few pair that I have made.



                                   

2 comments:

  1. I love these and have started making some myself ... the only problem that I am finding is the types of yarn and size of the crochet needle ... I have experimented with all types, but in your opinion what yarn/thread and crochet needle works the best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a worsted weight cotton yarn, and a size 5 crochet hook. The bow, or flower really covers up most of the crocheted part though. Sorry for the late reply.

    ReplyDelete